PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone interested in becoming a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 19:57
767200ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
28K would get him quite far and he will definately need significantly less from a bank in that case.
If he starts now, by the time he finishes, the reality is that nobody knows what will be available. Despite the numerous "experts" on here.
Its not rosy(right now), but its not totally hopeless either but myself and 6 of my friends who finished training in the past 6 months have all gotten interviews and subsequent employment with Ryanair. Sitting on a licence waiting for an opportunity if he is decided on this line of work and can manage the financial side of it makes more sense than waiting to start when things pick up, by the time he finishes the ship will have probably sailed.

It won't be a walk in the park and there is a chance that it could take a very long time before he sees a proper paid job come his way, but on the back of that he may be fortunate and get something within a few months.
The botttom line is he has to look at his financial position and how long he can afford to be unemployed but qualified and service any debts.

I wish him all the best!