PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aptitude Testing
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2002, 04:03
RAM750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aptitude Testing

hey ppl.. I've been reading pprune now for quite a few years but haven't as yet posted a topic myself. Its just that all these airline aptitude tests are really frustrating me and I wanted some clarification on how to best prepare for these tests. I havent applied for a pilots position b4 but I have applied for an engineering job with both qantas a a few years ago with ansett as well. On both occasions I have failed the aptitude tests. I have been led to Believe that they are quite similar to the pilot tests. I wasnt able to get any feed back from either airline and to this day I'm still not sure what it means to have failed those tests. Does it mean that ur basically no good for the job or does it just mean there is someone better than u out there?? Anyway.. I was hoping to apply for the Qantas cadet program which has been approved for 2003. Is there anyone out there or maybe even a company that teaches the proper techniques for doing well on these tests or is it basically a matter of how smart u are?? by the way .. I'm 21 years old, degree in Aerospace eng and currently doin Masters .I Went solo in 6 hours and GFPT in approx 22 hours I think it was. ohh and I also got about 15 hours in the B777-200 Sim (doesnt really mean much without an CPL/ATPL but it still was great fun and a great learning experience) Any information relating to Qantas(and airlines in general) recruitment process/aptitude tests would be much appreciated ....

Last edited by RAM750; 31st Jul 2002 at 00:44.