PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brussels Airlines is hiring since yesterday (15/01)
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 13:19
MKA742

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I lucky or unlucky?

I just can't believe my current situation.

Last year I was flying in Namibia until they fired me because of a 'lack of buisiness'.

After pushing cargo around in Belgium for 9 months they invited me back so I was very happy I would be flying again.

The first week I got back here, Brussels Airlines asked for my details again. I figured to send it in, keeping in mind that the odds re quite small.
Unbelievable, they invited me for the interview the next week.

Now my boss won't let me go because we are only with 2 pilots here (btw if anyone has over 400 hours and would like to fly a Cessna 210 in Namibia, let me know).

She said if I go the the interview at Brussels Airlines, which I can do in 9 days, I can stay there.

So now I have to choose between a job I have (but VFR hours on a single) or a small chance at airline life...

I bet lots of you would love to be in my position now but I really don't know what to do. It feels soooo bad to stand up a chance like that, no matter how small it is. Yet i HAVE a job and don't want to give that up.

Pfff