PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 09:17
Beagle9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"A majority means nothing, a majority can be wrong" - Miss M

Like the majority that voted "YES" to a strike and "NO" to accepting the last proposal? Selective opinions?

A couple of other things,

Would Iberia crew voting to strike on the basis of it's employers choice of CEO, be legal? I've got my doubts.

BA Breaking agreements? Not to any degree, in my experience (As SCCM). Maybe during a crisis (extreme weather, vocanic ash, strike), when BASSA decides it's going to sulk and be totally unco-operative, but frankly you can't expect an employer and all it's customers to be held hostage in such situations. Contrast this to the way our (oh, and I just know you are not going to like this!) flight crew colleagues do business, where they suspend their union rules in such situations and work to the scheme rules to get flights/customers/crew home, or somewhere more convenient. BALPA are ok with it. They have a much more mature relationship with BA for the common good. Oh how I wish we had the same. Negociating a much more flexible and realistic disruption agreement would save BA millions, yet affect individual crew members, what twice, three times a year? What did BASSA do? Scaremonger with tales of crew being on permenantly flexible rosters. It's so infantile and so frustrating to those of us that want representatives that put crew, customers and the company all before themselves.

That's why I get so many crew now curious about the PCCC.