PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 08:50
BAAlltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diplome..

Not sure if i am going to regret this or not!

I am going to stick my nose above the parapet a little here. I am one of the much maligned "management" troops at BA. I cannot comment on how crew and crew friends/family behave on staff travel when upgraded. I do however, as a part of my package, get just two tickets a year with a First class priority- ie, if there are seats available in First on that flight, i can be moved to them, through purely official channels. Yes it is an amazing perk, and i totally do realise how much it is worth. It kind of makes up for the fact that i am probably earning somewhere between £12-£20k less than market rate for my job. That is why it is offered, to sweeten the deal. But sometimes there are no seats available and if so, no second chances on another day. If i am fortunate enough to be seated up front, i am very very mindful of the other customers there who have paid for their seats. The staff rule book is strict on dress code, and we are never to accept something that another customer might want. So no amenity kits, no sleeper suits. And when asked for my meal choices, if there are other customers yet to be asked, i ask for whatever wont be run out of, and leave it to the crew, and ask to be served last. If the wine i want isn't opened yet, i have something else. These things are pretty usual throughout the management community and are part of our rules.
So i hope that if i was ever on a flight with you, you would never be kept waiting on my account. In my book, the customer always should come first..