PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 07:31
bigcheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I am seriously considering making a change and looking at the Middle East as an option. I have read the entire post (took all day and all night) and have done alot of research into living in the Middle East. However there seems to be alot of conflicting information and alot of it is out of date.

I am looking for current up-to date answers to the following questions directed at current Etihad A320 F/Os..which I'm sure will be of benefit not only to me, but also to a hundred others in my situation:
  1. how many hours do you fly per year assuming you take all of your annual leave entitlements?
  2. how many overnights do you do per month? (and how much in AED do you make in allowances)
  3. how long approx. to command on the A320 or how long to wide-body and subsequent command on widebody?
  4. is it possible to commute from Dubai? (i.e. pocket the housing allowance and rent relatively cheap in Dubai)
  5. if you have no need for the education allowance, do they still give it to you
  6. is it a nightmare to get leave during the Ramadan? (i.e. does everyone request annual leave during this time)
  7. is staff travel available on EK? (i.e. to get home to a destination that EK serves direct and EY doesn't)
Many thanks in advance to those of you who will take the time to answer my questions. Cheers