PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 00:51
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs, in response to your post:

The thing is Diplome, there still is a very large amount of employees that need to be convinced that they will only be worse off, by the same proportion as other groups. (perhaps its my cocktail but I'm not sure what you are speaking of in this statement. What large amount of employees need to be convinced, about what issue?)

Too much has been made about the T&C's of current LHR crew, when compared to other airlines. They have a contract, that was signed in good faith. Mr Walsh has said that no one will loose money. It seems such a simple statement, but people are not convinced. Why is that?
(perhaps, its because BASSA has created an environment of "them against us" that they are unable to engage regarding the positive points of offers put on the table from BA. If one side of a situation has made the decison to demonize their opponents it makes it hard for any offer to be viewed as anything but a manipulation "coming from the enemy".)

If the collective forces of pprune have not managed to convince one person, then another approach is needed. He/she has stood up to a barrage of criticism, but still maintained a presence to answer questions from anonymous posters. No doubt, this will not be an infinite presence on here. What purpose will it serve if MissM retires to the comfort of the BASSA or Crew forums? Unless people just want to rant. If that is the case, then you will just be talking to yourselves.

(MissM is quite free to give her opinion regarding the ongoing dispute. However, simply because she represents BASSA's viewpoint, and there are few that will come on the board to do so, does not mean I should genuflect and say your ungrounded opinions are suddenly worthy. When facts can be refuted by history, statistics, etc., you don't get a pass simply because you are on the board spouting party (i.e. BASSA) lines.)
I'm quite ready to engage, but I am not willing to disregard reality in my opinions...nor am I willing to give someone a pass simply because they are giving a rather "the earth is flat" assertion when all knows that that is not the case.