PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith: Do You Agree With The Mandatory Broadcast Area in Class E Above D?
Old 21st Jun 2010, 23:37
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you actually agree with having a system that allows an aircraft to drill straight over the top of a busy CTR at 2500ft without talking to anybody?
Where did I say that? Strange, I don't see it anywhere. But if the tag team say I did, then it must be true. Some debating tactic. Make up a lie then accuse someone of being a hypocrite for not answering.

You are a fruitloop OZ. (and how come your Tassie mate is still with us)?

Anyway, for what it's worth, I believe if you are transitting busy controlled airspace, the safest time is when you are exactly over the centre of the busy airport at 2500ft. That is unless Bloggs' 4 Bunsen burner job does vertical arrivals and take off's.

Also, I believed (obviously wrongly again), that one needed a radio to fly in CTR or class E, and anyway, if one was fitted you had to use it, (like a transponder). Adding to this are new regulations circa 3 JUN 2010 which made it compulsory to have and use radio in the vicinity" of any "busy" airport. I understand "in the vicinity" also has a definition.