PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It just goes to show ..........
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2002, 21:25
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile It just goes to show ..........

.......... you can't please everybody all the time.

The Mods receive a steady flow of e-mails and 'Report this Post' messages. It would take too much time to reply to them all and if the suggestion is adopted, we hope seeing your suggestion put into effect on the forum is a sufficient reply. If the idea is rejected, we always reply with an explanation.

All messages are treated in strict confidence, but I thought I'd share this one with you - we don't usually get hate mail.
It arrived after we closed the 'US gun control' discussion. A number of people had complained (some on the thread, and more by email) that the discussion was nothing to do with helicopters and should be closed. They were probably right, but we allowed some leeway so that everyone who wanted to could have their say.

"Heliport
Pretty arbitrary. I guess YOU just got tired of the discussion, eh what? Pretty petty. God, it must be nice to have such power!
You know, I've known about PPRuNe for a long time but never came to this forum much because I thought it sucked. I guess I was right.
I toned down my opinion in the forum, but I'll say what I really think: helicopter pilots are f***ing weird.
[Username]"

(The *** don't appear in the original.)
"Dear (Username)
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write. You can rest assured your comments were given all the consideration they deserved, and that your e-mail was immediately filed in an appropriate place.
Since you think the forum sucks, may I take this opportunity of saying goodbye.

Goodbye!
Heliport"
There's no prize for guessing the ID of 'Username' - regulars will find it too easy.
(And no, he's not connected with a helicopter magazine as far as I know.)

Rotorheads - All human life is here!!

Last edited by Heliport; 28th Jul 2002 at 22:11.