PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2010, 14:21
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChicoG
BA should actually start requiring university graduation as an entry level qualification (Before you bite, I can think of at least one flag carrier that mandates this). We're always hearing, after all, that the job is more difficult than we think.

In the current climate, I'm sure they would find an ample supply of unemployed graduates gnashing at the bit for a job.

And people with a better education may be better placed to understand the external factors that affect the well-being of their employer.
You make the basic error of assuming that an education also provides the individual with some common sense. I have never found this to be the case.
It is also wrong to assume that those who do not have degrees would only vote for strikes.
I am sure that there are many unemployed out there without degrees who would want employment.
So many graduates out there these days, the degree has become what the A level was and the O level before that. If all it gives you is the elitist attitude you show then what a waste of four years and a large debt.