PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2010, 04:43
ANCDU

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
I think a few things need to be taken into context here. The airline environment (and attitudes of people) are a lot different to when a lot of us were climbing the ropes in GA all those years ago.

The attitude these days is people want everything now, and thats fine, and thats what J* is using to their advantage. But what happens if the leisure market continues to dive? Where does it leave these guys? How do you pay off the loan if there isn't a position available for years? Do you have qualifications when you finish that will get you a position with another carrier..or god forbid in GA? (i dont just mean paper qualifications...i mean experience)

I think the amount of money they are charging for applications and testing is criminal, i thought the Qantas process was expensive!!!

Would be interesting to hear from some J* crew what they think of this, because by the sounds of some of the people on here applying for the cadetship its going to be hours of fun flying next to them

Regardless of this, good luck to those applying, we are all pilots here and its great to see someones dream of flying come true if the opportunity presents itself.