PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2010, 02:22
210thars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAR 10 and PRMG 5

Franzl,

I am not sure on the reason for the name PAR 10 other than it is an automated NDB that seems to be interfaced with the PRMG 5.

When the discussions are focused on the PAR 10, the issue of the PRMG 5 is raised with it.

Here is a link (PDF file) that shows an updated account on the PAR 10 along with what the mobile PRMG 5 looks like.

I know Arrakis raised the issue of IL-76 pilots at Smolensk stating that the PRMG system had been dismantled.

It would be interesting to know the unit. Since the PRMG 5 is a mobile unit.

The other thing is, the PAR 10 is put in different types of mobile units.

Never judge a book by its cover. The two 3 prong antennas are on the other side.

And when discussed, the focus is seems to be placed on the 3 prong antennas.

On the forum that I was looking at, back in 2007, there is one Russian (Kostas 68) who seemed to know a lot about the PAR 10 and had various photos to show how it was placed.
specifically that interested, just buildings?
Или ЗиЛ-131 с кунгом (ПАР-10) или антенна с семидесятиметровым трехлучевым вибратором?
Or ZIL-131 with Kung (APR-10) or an antenna with three-prong semidesyatimetrovym vibrator?
Above he, is referencing the three-prong antenna. And the ZIL-131 which is another platform used in the mobile PAR 10 unit. In a previous post, you can see the ZIL-131 with the lantern being used.

Another individual described the lantern:
At military airfields, as a rule all the equipment is painted in khaki.
А кодовый неоновый светомаяк горит красным свечением и его видно со всех сторон.
A code svetomayak neon lights glow red and it can be seen from all sides.
Виден ночью в ПМУ примерно на удалении 50-60км.
Visible at night in IMC at a distance of approximately 50-60km.
Включают ночью(в случаях перевода аэродрома "на ночь" при производстве полетов и днем в случаях плохой видимости).
Includes night (in the case of transfer of the airfield on the night "in the production of flight and the day in cases of poor visibility).
Выглядит как труба потому, что там вертикально установлены неоновые лампы - наподобие ламп дневного цвета.
Looks like a pipe because there is vertical neon lamps - like fluorescent colors.
Про маркер(из Су-24):Звуковая сигнализация МРП-56П прослушивается на фоне сигналов Р-862, Р-864, АРК-15М.
About marker (from Su-24): Audible alarm MCI-56P tapped on the background signals of P-862, F-864, ARK-15M.
ДПРМ излучает сигнал в зоне при Н=200-300м – 800м по курсу и 1200м в плоскости перпендикулярной курсу; БПРМ – при Н=50-90м соответственно 600 и 800м.
LOM emits a signal in the zone at H = 200-300m - 800m and 1200m at the rate in the plane perpendicular to the course; BMB - at H = 50-90m, respectively, 600 and 800m.
Высота срабатывания при пролете над маяком не более 2000м.
Height trip while passing over the beacon of not more than 2000m.
The lantern is used at night or in heavy fog and I pointed to the reason why it was designed by G.E. in 1928. It is used in heavy fog.

Another individual stated:
By standards at an altitude of 1000 m CND should be observed no less than 15 km, in the books инфу saw that he could see up to 60 km.
Since this piece of equipment was at the beacon, I am curious to know what its condition was at the time when the pilot was on approach.
ST: 20.
Signal at F=400 Hz. Autopilot disconnect.
Signal at F=800 Hz. Inner marker.
Signal at F=400 Hz. Autothrottle disconnect.
Given the distance the pilot was from the runway and his height above ground when he passed the marker at 1.1km from the runway, I would make a calculated guess that if the lantern was on at the 1.1km marker and flashing morse code, the pilot if briefed on the lantern and its distance from the runway, would have known well in advance that he was off the published glide slope and the ground was coming up at him from the upslope side of the ravine.