PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot in the (bird) Shite - Big Time
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2010, 00:43
Hell pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ben well done. (re your response were ever that came from ! )
You probably did flatten a few nests and up set a few birds. But if there is any blame to lay, it will be on your guide. He was guiding you and the clients through Namibia.
You say you did a flight plan so you would of seen the restricted area's. Diamond area 1-2. National Parks. Air law along the Namibian coast while flying 500 feet and below. There is only one thing to watch out for and that is kite fisher man (fish flying). Its one of the commercial air law questions. The rest are requests to the general aviation community. Which most respect and adhere to these rules.
Stand up to these people in Namibia as they are people that have there own ad-genders. Each one of these so called PROJECTS.. is funded by overseas people who donate funds to there Trusts. Now don't get me wrong here, there is some very good work done by a small hand full of these so called trusts. 90% of these trusts are run by Namibians for there own financial gain. Go check them out in Swakopmund and the rest of Namibia. New houses and Game farms, 4x4's, boats and holidays to go and retrieve these funds.
Namibian Coast Conservation Management Project (NACOMA) Being one of them.
One of the biggest things here is your so called brothers/companies ( their being only one. The rest are pilot /owners) who fly in Namibia. (Helicopters) They just hate seeing a machine registered from another country. Yes very talkative when you meet over a beer or 2 but once your off the deck you have probably felt an itch or 2 in your back. And if you didn't speak Africaans well...
I very much doubt anything will come of this as the DCA is in turmoil. What with one of the ICAO people helping out their was sacked.

My 10 cents worth.