PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2010, 21:43
wowzz

Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts
Upgrading

I am not allowed on the BA crew forum [quite rightly as I am only SLF] but there have been a number of threads about cc upgrades on staff travel, although I admit to being a little bewildered as to how this impacts on the current industrial unrest [although on reflection, does anyone still know why some cc are still wanting to strike?]
Anyway, my point is this -when Mrs Wowzz and I flew back from TPA earlier this year, we were checking in at the same time as a gentleman and his wife on the adjoining desk. He stated that he was BA staff, flying on staff travel, and was wanting to know if he could be 'upgraded' from economy.
I have no idea if he got his request, but my point is this - Mrs Wowzz and I paid extra to fly WTP - why should this gent and his wife ask for an upgrade purely because he works for BA. In my travels I have always believed in the adage that you get what you pay for - if you want to fly Club, pay for it! If you want cheap staff travel, you sit at the back!
I have no issue with this gent and his wife gettng a cheap flight, as a perk of the job, but in my opinion all full fare paying customers should be first in line for upgrades, not BA employees.
[And just to make this clear, this applies to all airline workers, not just BA]
Sorry Mods - thread drift!