PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2010, 20:22
widebody69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been reading the "CC only" thread since back last Oct-09. I am just amazed about this "so very British" concept of "IMPOSITION" - the idea that Company Management can NOT BE ALLOWED to manage the Company without the approval of the employees. "Imposition" - the British concept that Unions are the ONLY ALLOWABLE Managers in a British company.

I am also amazed that BASSA supporters are still going on about "imposition" being illegal - this after a Court ruling that THIS imposition was LEGAL. What is it about the British mentality that denies the FACT of the Courts ruling making THIS imposition legal?
I think this point would have a huge impact in any legal challenge to the removal of staff travel. We're not talking about a 3rd world employer here, we're talking about a respected and much sought after employer, who has already agreed similar terms with the vast majority of its employees, an employer for which a court has already ruled that their actions which led to the strike - imposition etc. - were actually correct and legal.

You couldn't imagine the same court saying the removal of a perk was vindictive and wrong, given the reasons for the strike were against the courts ruling.