PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines are shooting at themselves with their minimum requirements!
Old 20th Jun 2010, 14:53
A320rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you feel safer with an fo at the controls on 1500+
i prefer the guy with 1500+ hoursof cessna 172 than 500h of airbus?

why? the reflex are there.I know that a guy with 1500h will push the stick when near stall speed instead to pull all the way nose in the sky and drop like a tomato!

I know low hours guys who still land on opposite runway,or don't want to slow down their plane when controller ask.all these mistakes are avoided with experience.
----

Ok, but what about this companies who cry all the time that competition is too hard,LCC are giving tickets for free....

if I go to BA, KLM,Luft, they will make fun of me, and ask me to come back with 500h or more.

So I go see an airline , and I say: "look, I give you money, you hire me, and you can start to give free tickets to your customers, then BA will say BYE BYE to aviation very soon"

another example:
I have a gaz station, and X mart ,which is based only 100 meters aways from my store have decided to give free fuel. Like this, I can not make any money and I have to close my business. Then X mart, sell their fuel at normal price.

I can tell you this is illegal in europe!(you can not sell an item to a lower price than the marchant price) it 's called illegal competition("concurrence deloyale" in french), so why airlines use this system with their P2F schemes? why airlines don't understand the danger of these practices.

what the **** are doing our politicians?

then my second question: what will happen when thousand of wanabes will get their 500 on their boeing or Airbus.Do the land a job?, no!!!
Then will airlines will ask for 1000h, 2000h, so again they will have to look for a 1000h P2F scheme.

Then what will happen when they will get thousand of guys with thousand of hours looking for a job? pay again for the 10'0000 h pay to fly scheme?

It seems to me this market is totally screwed for someone like me who want make money of this profession (sorry I meaned Hobby!!!)

yes, when I say to my friends that I have to pay to work, they don't believe me. they all say" no way, you have to be an idiot if you pay to work"

this section of PPrune seems better than the wanabe section.I can not stand these kiddies anymore.

Last edited by A320rider; 20th Jun 2010 at 15:10.