PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The solution?
Thread: The solution?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2010, 14:42
stansdead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FANS

Frankly, one of the most stupid and pointless loads of drivel I have ever heard of.

A BALPA approved flightcrew?

The reason we are in this mess is because "Joe Public" wants cheap flights. Therefore, unless we start seeing daily crashes of Ryan, Easy, Wizz, Baby etc, then the public think it's safe to fly. And you know what? They are right.

Why should I, as a non BALPA member submit my details to the drones in Harlesden to approve my background? Get real.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a BALPA rep for a short while in a UK airline. I have worked for TCX and VS in the past. I am now in Europe as an A320 Captain and I do a LOT of flying in and out of Luton. Why the hell should I, or anyone else demean myself whilst carrying out a PA to the pax?

Most couldn't give a sh1t about anything other than cost. As I already said, your argument about safety doesn't add up. Simply put, the evil loco's haven't had any accidents. Yet. Until they do, don't hold your breath.

Add to this that the public think that we are all overpaid anyway...... BALPA?? Who the heck are BALPA is what most holidaymakers/ Polish migrants/ average families think.

I sympathise with those who can't afford to pay for a rating. You shouldn't have to do it. But, let me tell you this: Without doubt, the young FO's who I fly with are very good. Even those who paid for a rating. Some of the 55+ year old FO's I fly with on the other hand are bleedin' awful. That's why they are 55 and FO's still.

The only way the P2F scourge will stop is by a serious upturn in all economies. And that is not happening for another few years.