PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2010, 13:16
vakakaaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
210thars gave interesting links above, has not commented yet, but like franzl, I didn’t get his message 100% …

Locator (“NDB”) transmitters play no big role in this, more problems are caused by antennas they use. For non-technicals it seems difficult to swallow that “T-type” (NDB) ground antenna is only one version of vertically polarized, very short (electrically low) monopole type antenna with very low effective height (low overall radiation effectivity, some 2…5%). ...must be careful with locator vs lokator (Радиолокатор = Radar)...

What is not known is what the antenna it is being interfaced to on the left.
Wonder if 210thars means by this pic 2 where the “pole” on the left is not antenna. The bent, guyed short metallic tube locator antenna right of marker antennas is typical, while marker antennas don't look like ours. All of these hundreds of pictures related to this pitiful case have been interesting for me. In forum.smolensk.ws alone 31.000 posts at the moment!

Now I get it: 210thars calls upward pointing Marker yagi antennas as T-antenna. T-antenna is like that one at Severnyj "far" (ДПРМ) beacon.

Last edited by vakakaaa; 20th Jun 2010 at 14:37. Reason: Typos & drifting reasoning...