PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadetship
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2010, 12:32
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the 6 years as a junior FO (or whatever it is called) is there any guarantee that Jet* will retain your services as a full FO?

If not then any prospective cadets should be thinking whether the experience gained will be sufficient to get a job elsewhere (most likely overseas as A320 experience has limited currency in Australia).
Unfortunately that part of the site has been taken down but I think you will find that work is not guaranteed. In fact I think you'll find that if its the same as the UK schemes there may be no guarantee of employment at all. They may offer you the opportunity to fly with them as an FO, to gain experience, for a small additional fee. In which case you'd be left with more debt than the Greek government.

The chances of further employment outside of the scheme without any additional experience is pretty close to naught. I'm not sure of the chances of work in GA either. Perhaps with another small investment in some 210 time?

I also think you'll find that with the number of out of work A320 drivers in the UK, the limited experience and lack of JAA ATPL the Ausy guys will not be employable in the EU. Perhaps UAE or Asia?

It would be great if someone could confirm or deny this as it was the way I had interpreted the original page on the J* site. It seems that the answer to the above would be extremely important to anybody applying to this program and anyone who has a definitive answer should inform those wishing to continue with their application process.