PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2010, 10:23
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
@210thars

Quite donīt understand your message.

The first picture shows a typical arrangement of a mobile precision approach radar (PAR). The big antenna beeing the area surveilance radar (ASR, turning 360°), the smaller vertical antenna is the glideslope antenna of the PAR (turning few degrees up and down) and the smaller horizontal antenna is the course antenna (turning few degrees left and right) of the PAR.
Do you have proved information, that such equipment was available at the time of the accident and used?

The PAR-10 is the radio equipment of the beacon. Without that there would be no beacon. Do not mix up the name of the system with the "PAR" (Precision Approach Radar) approach.

The thing with the lantern i find very funny. Imho it is for no use in an approach during bad weather. I was used to strobelights on the extended runway center line, they improved the possibilities to identify the runway to some degree. How a lantern on a truck standing not even in the approach sector but somewhere midfield or at the beacon could help is outside my thinking.

There will have been no identification of the lantern whatsoever, so there will nothing concerning that be on the CVR either.

franzl