PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2010, 10:02
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just remember, climb cruise or descent on one engine in a twin, maintain blue line!

Fly high enough that blue line will give you your cruise.

Try to climb at blue line, if it's not climbing see above.

If you can't maintain altitude hold the blue line speed for your descent, see above!

After thinking about this situation for a few days now, I believe that Willow would have assessed his altitude, based on the fact that he was high for Bankstown considering a normal descent, coupled with the fact he had no reason to assume it wouldn't perform on one engine and with home base being at Bankstown, it was the best choice at the time. He would have been well aware of the prob 30 at Richmond and with obvious cloud/fog patches below, so considering his options he chose Bankstown.

I'm pretty sure with all the variables above I would have done the same thing.

You had the expression of a wise man always looking up for the answer (the many wrinkles on your forehead confirmed it ) I hope now you're only ever going to need to look down, and too damn right.

From his sister on FB for those that don't know:

The funeral of Mr Andrew Wilson will leave St Michael's Catholic Church, Church Street Traralgon on THURSDAY June 24th 2010, after prayers commencing at 1PM for the Gippsland Memorial park monumental lawn Cemetery Traralgon.
Pilots are respectively invited to wear their uniform, or suit with Pilot Wings.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Royal Flying Doctors Services would be appreciated. Envelopes are available at the service.
Would be good to see the gang there.