PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines are shooting at themselves with their minimum requirements!
Old 20th Jun 2010, 08:50
wigwag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The basic fact is that there is a surplus of qualified pilots out there right now. Every month passes bye, more training schools pump out low hour students.

The low hour guys and girls spilling out of the flight training schools, and some experienced bod's, are either paying for type rating then time on type, because they don't want to wait for the market to improve and have the finances in place, or, don't have the money and have to wait like everyone else.

As long as pilots are willing to pay out cash to airlines to fly, then it won't stop. What employer would ever turn down a qualified person turning up to work not for free but pay? None.

I've never heard of cabin crew or even engineers paying money to work.

My dear friend is a director of Manpower recruitment and found it difficult to believe that people pay, NOT work for free, but pay, and when i proved it, she found it hilarious. Not only people pay but also companies are advertising too.

Also gave her an idea to see what other industries would be prepared to have people pay to work.

Pilots are a laughing stock within the aviation industry, and it stinks.

Yes I believe it's wrong, morally wrong, financially wrong, ethically wrong and poses a serious long term cancer to aviation.

If you cannot fly then perhaps seek alternative work, drive a lorry, work in an office, move into industry. Work hard save money, and enjoy life; Then when things move, try again.

Good luck to all, especially wannabees, whichever path you decide to walk.

ww