PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Writ plea against engaging foreign pilots in India ...
Old 19th Jun 2010, 14:33
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@rdr

In this dicussion, there are people trying to exchange point of views, you mentioned about teaching a bunch of frustrated mongrels.

Now that sure is not in best taste, but I remarked 'interesting' because you didn't specify who is trying to teach who.

Then you come apologised to your canine friends, I was wondering who these friends could be so I looked up for mongrel...

Mongrel - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Main Entry: mon·grel
Pronunciation: \ˈmäŋ-grəl, ˈməŋ-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, probably from mong mixture, short for ymong, from Old English gemong crowd — more at among
Date: 15th century
1 : an individual resulting from the interbreeding of diverse breeds or strains; especially : one of unknown ancestry
2 : a cross between types of persons or things
— mongrel adjective
— mon·grel·i·za·tion \ˌmäŋ-grə-lə-ˈzā-shən, ˌməŋ-\ noun
— mon·grel·ize \ˈmäŋ-grə-ˌlīz, ˈməŋ-\ transitive verb

may i express my observation that almost all the pilots in India do not have the views of a slanted few. they are great a bunch, but alas, there will always be some morons in every pool. that they have the idiocy to surface here, and to post messages against their fellow aviators, based on nationality,
is sad.

In hindsight, you should not have expressed your opinion. Because your opinion is "there are a great bunch, because they think like myself", and "there are morons because they don't think the way I do"

Now I will take a small break, and re-read all the thread and try to identify where on pilot has spoken against other fellow aviators based on thier nationality.
Allow me.

Last edited by jimmygill; 19th Jun 2010 at 14:44.