PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2010, 14:09
Homesick-Angel

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Can anyone tell me if ATC would (or legally could) offer RI if it were not open and available weather wise?Surely they wouldn't offer it as an option if it were IMC?(excuse the ignorance-Im still a lowly VFR pilot)

There is obviously a lot of feeling on this thread, and I have to say that for the most part it has been impressive the amount of restraint used by all with a few inevitable whack's and jibes here and there.

To any that were close to the pilot and pax and are feeling grief I do feel for you, but it may be that a bit of time is needed before being active on this thread for your own mental and emotional state.I personally would have a lot of trouble reading all of this if I were racked with grief and too close to it as I doubt I would be able to keep my feelings out of it, but as someone not personally involved I can say that this has been remarkably civil and respectful compared to many other threads Ive seen here.

Im someone trying to learn all I can from this incident and I have found much of the speculation, conversation and ponderings on this thread invaluable, and this incident will shape how I hope to respond to any future incidents I may face in my flying career.This is not through judgements on what decisions were or were not made by AW, but more by reading through the valuable information on this thread by the pilots posting here with more knowledge and experience than I(most of them probably).
I hope that I have the instinct and intelligence to know what information to leave behind and what to take with me.