PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th Jun 2010, 12:45
Stelton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM - Earlier this week week, one of the crew on my trip was asked by a manager to remove her lanyard. Coincidentally, it seems to have been on the very same day you were asked to remove yours. Was it you? Were you on my trip?

She was the only crew on the trip who had been on strike. Maybe that explains her shocking behavior. Being a pilot, I did not witness it in-flight but other crew did. Over dinner at destination, one of the pursers said that this girl had been talkative to the rest of the crew until she learnt that they had not been on strike. From then, she only answered when she was addressed. Another member of the crew had asked if she wanted to do duty free together. The reply given had been a blatant no. After arrival at outstation, until we reached the hotel, she did not say one word to any of us. Not one word. Our CSD made a funny remark when we were waiting at customs, which the rest of us laughed at. Her face was like stone. We arrived at the hotel and were given our room keys. A girl of the crew asked her if she wanted to join the rest of us for dinner later that evening. She answered that she would rather eat dust. Those were her exact words.

On the way back, the cold thermostat was back on. She did not speak unless addressed. I tried to open a conversation with her on the bus on our way to the airport but her facial expressions said it all that she was not interested. Back at LHR, she disappeared quickly but we met again on the crew bus to the car park. She looked very busy staring out the window pretending that she did not see me.

Is this how you strikers are intending to behave?

Are you really able to forget about who went on strike versus who did not and act professionally?

Out of curiosity, how are you behaving at work?