PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2010, 12:27
GavinC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flew out to Abu Dhabi on EY yesterday. Nice and quick check in and then joined a massive queue for security that tailed back past some of the check in desks. However, it moved very quickly. Almost walking pace the whole time i was in it which was excellent to see. All security stations in operation and the whole thing probably took 20mins if not less. Very impressive from MAN. Departures was busy which was nice to see but there was available seating if you wanted it.
The 773 was parked down on Gate 27. A big queue for another flight at Gate 23 blocked our route down what is now a very narrow walkway with the partitions in place. It lets the Terminal down at the moment as the rest of the experience has been modernised. It must be next on the list to sort out now.

Flight was very empty. I wonder what the load factors are in EY at the moment? Also, I was surprised at the 3-4-3 seating as i thought EY offered 3-3-3 as opposed to EK's 3-4-3. The entertainment system on the 773 is better than the A330 which is also nice.

Gavin.