PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th Jun 2010, 09:33
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is anyone willing to wager a bet on when we're likely to see the next ballot papers sent out?

It seems quite clear that talking is as useless today as it was 12 months ago.

The only way this is all going to come to an end is when one side buckles completely under the pressure and has to take whatever the other side is willing to offer at that moment (which is why I think Bassa should seriously considering ending this dispute NOW, accepting the last deal on the table - or even asking for the previous one to be returned.... Call me crazy but I think Walsh would oblige).

Then in 6 months time Bassa should go back to the company and say that things have been working well under the new agreements, there have been no further industrial problems, and ask for staff travel to be returned to strikers.

I don't think Walsh will return it as part of any deal. He is not going to want to appear either weak or that he's been held to ransom. I do think staff travel will be given back, but not as part of any strike-ending agreement.

So it's time that Bassa drops it from the list of demands but offers members an assurance that they will return to the issue in 6 months time.