PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2010, 08:56
kick the tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vampiro.....

I couldnt disagree with you more.

In Madrid you guys always put SO much effort into vectoring non spanish aircraft to allow spanish aircraft to jump the queue! if you used those skills with your general controlling, the flow rates would improve massively.

Example - "turn right by 90 degrees, slow down from 300 to 220" - why, to allow a spanair who is 12 miles behind us to be number one! The funny thing was that he then screwed up his landing on 33L and rolled to the end whereas we landed and took first turning and ended up on taxiway ahead of him!!!

How does the rest of europe manage? I was at the hold for 36R a few days ago - for other readers, Madrid has 2 parallel runways JUST FOR DEPARTURES - and the departure rate for BOTH runways combined was 1 per 3 minutes!!!!

Of course there were 8 aircraft waiting at the hold and you claim to be efficient???

Everyday we are told to give way to Spanish aircraft, even if we have right of way. Its embarrassing at times.

We are given clearance to pushback when there are aircraft behind us, no thought or looking out of windows by controllers.

Deconfliction on the ground and in the air is given in spanish even when it involves an english aircraft.

And you have the audacity to say
Spanish ATCs enjoy working in a flexible way trying to do their best for the pilots and companies (our customers)
For me and all my colleagues, the ATC in Madrid is a joke, a sad one at that.

No respect for you guys whatsoever.