PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we putting profit before safety?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2002, 09:22
IlBarbiereDiSivillia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

No Sig,

Sorry No Sig but I can't help but ask a couple of questions.

Firstly why try, and pay for, a new system in the middle of a summer season when you know you are short of crew and the flying programme has increased by such a large amount? Alot of people's time has been taken up with merger. I understand that the decision to merge with Go was, in the big scheme of things, a last min plan but you did know it was going to lay open our resources. Since when has there been a summer without slots? I only hope for the sake of my shares the cost of chartering aircraft for pax and crew is not getting out of control. I thought before Carmen my rosters were issued from AIMS? And another thing.. why wasn't Flight Ops consulted?

I won't go on as this is not the place and I'm obviously not 'in the big picture' as you suggest. Maybe as aircrew we feel a little cut off from these decisions and more feedback would help reduce the frustration. For the purposes of the evaluation might I add that frustration and stress are safety issues that have to be considered when compounded by a Carmen roster. I'm glad to hear that the rank and file are being listened to. We are of course batting from a different pitch as the 'no blame culture' effects the office but quite rightly not the aircrew. Please don't get me wrong I do think that the no blame culture has a place in the office it's just that it does tend to seperate us.

I do hope we succeed and I'd like to think that I'm in it for the longhaul but there isn't one of us out there that can physcally and mentally sustain the current situation. Please take this into consideration when evaluating the Carmen system and the crewing levels. I hope I don't appear to be too much of wet blanket but I know I'm only human and open to make mistakes. But if the kitchen gets too hot......

Regards BofS