PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 18th Jun 2010, 23:25
Phil77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How in God's name does one learn aviation spanish or Catalan for that matter? Seriously...
Don't ask for advise if you might not like the answer!

He didn't say "aviation" spanish, just spanish (or any other language); not a bad recommendation if you want to work somewhere else than the US or England I suppose. I think besides "have luck" or "have money" that is a doable/cheap idea.

BTW: nobody is gonna hire you because you spend 5k at Bell school, because those
+/-10 hours flight time don't make a difference (not that you won't learn anything, it just doesn't make a big difference if you have 0 or 10 hours turbine time). ...and somehow I doubt that it makes a difference for a police job if you have a GIS degree (what firefighter/longliner/survey needs a GIS degree?). Again, won't hurt, but since they mostly hire from within* it doesn't matter (and the others don't hire newbies).

*except for my buddy in Wales - but he had sooo much luck getting the police job he had envisioned before he started flight school... and that brings us back to the first paragraph.