PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th Jun 2010, 21:39
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Mr Bunker.

Ironically I am a member of BASSA and I haven't yet received such a letter as your wife's. I am however overseas with a notoriously slow postal system.

Now, whilst negotiations were taking place, the concept of ACAS acting independently to review the suspensions was suggested and seemingly agreed to by both parties. The talks broke up over other issues and therefore no agreement was reached. This is based on press reports of the time. If Unite/BASSA are now sending out letters suggesting that a wipe clean policy must be adopted, then I can only agree that they have erred. And should the issue become ballotable then I could not support it. The only system should be fair, wipe cleans are not fair, inparticular if a third party is involved.

Colonel White. I'm a reasonable person and I do not trust BA to be fair and impartial at this time. I want to rebuild trust with my employer and feel the independent and binding solution is the best way to handle this aspect of the dispute. I want it over with no lingering doubts.

Eddy, why would you feel the need to express concerns that someone feels they do not need to engage in polite conversation with you. It isn't compulsary, and is exasperated by unproved tales of crew being off-loaded for failing to shake a captain's hand. I also feel that crucial CRM will not suffer, oh, people may nolonger have a drink down route together, but when my life depends on it I wouldn't care if the aircraft was piloted by Attila the Hun and Hilter. I would provide clear concise communication and likewise, facing an inferno onboard I wouldn't dismiss an 'opposition' crew member with a BCF in there hand.