PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th Jun 2010, 21:12
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrBunker

I agree that we can never know every person's reason(s) for striking or not striking. I just think that crew would vote more sensibly. If they are willing to strike, they should vote yes. If they are not, they should vote no. This is why the last ballots have been very strong in numbers and it does indicate that there is a sense of disagreement amongst the crew. Something is wrong when the majority vote for industrial action but the support for the actual strike is not as strong. They should go hand in hand.

That observation is present during non-striking times. Many crew will say what the majority wants to hear. Although, it is becoming easier to spot striking and non-striking crew onboard.

Bridchen

A union has said responsibility, which I believe BASSA have been fairly good at. They also spin with the truth as BA. Every proposal which is put forward to BASSA does not need to be presented to us members.We have given our faith to our representatives and trust them in negotiations. If they find a proposal is lacking and is not good enough, they can turn it down without consulting us members.

If the open top bus has to take me to the Jobcentre, I will go there with my head high because I know I would have lost my job in a good fight which I believed in.

Eddy

The strikes were not needed. They were never needed. They never should have taken place.