PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th Jun 2010, 19:31
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrBunker

I would have been happy to work to current crewing levels if they had been negotiated, not imposed.

You can disagree as much as you like. I still stand by my opinion that many are doing exactly what I have described. Look at the turnout of our previous two ballots, which have been in majority on both occassions. The numbers for industrial action have been high. Some of them crossed the picket line and only voted for industrial action to give the union a strong negotiation mandate. If we believe BA, the majority of crew reported for duty which includes a huge number of those who voted for industrial action. They are the ones I am referring to. Surely they can not have been pleasant with the changes to their terms and conditions because otherwise they would have voted against industrial action or not voted at all. The ones who went to work and do not mind with the changes to our terms and conditions are in minority of everyone who went to work.

Eddy

I wish it would end today but it will end for me when BASSA say that they have reached an agreement with BA.

I would accept last year's deal if included full reinstatement of ST with my original DOJ.

The Blu Riband

It's saddening to read that you don't think that I'm not debating, reasoning or listening but instead repeating, telling lies and insulting everyone who disagrees. I have tried my very best to answer and please everyone since the first day I joined this forum. I have never insulted anyone deliberately. I have used a particular nicknames for strikebreaking crew and said that it's a cowardly behaviour to go to work during the strike but it has never been aimed at anyone individually. I spend a lot of time, both home and downroute, visiting this forum because I think it is important that we at least try to explain what we are doing and for what reasons. This kind of discussion is not available at any of the other forums as they represent one way communication. If your opinion differs, it's not welcome. This sort of attitude does not serve us well.

BASSA have offered savings worth almost £63 million pounds.The pay cut, or loan as some wish to put it, represents a small part of it.

Do I respect the right of BA staff to not strike or to support the non-strikers?

Everyone who is part of our union should have supported the majority. Everyone who failed, for whatever reasons, should resign their membership from the union. I accept that there are different opinions and those not part of a union did not even have to make that decision. I am extremely disappointed with everyone who voted for industrial action but crossed the picket line. If they had no intention of going on strike, they should have voted against it. I still think they should have supported the majority even if they had voted against industrial action, but at least they would have acted according to their vote.

Moving on to your other questions. I communicate through many different forums and not only the BASSA forum, I read ESS, I listen to what other people are saying, I seem to be capable of developing discussion and I like to think that my manner is kind. I don't always believe and agree what BASSA are saying and sometimes I do wonder what on earth they are doing. They have made a numerous amount of mistakes in the past but I still have a believe that they are wanting the best for us members.

Chuchinchow

I don't know if you read my reply to you yesterday. Unless you change your patronising attitude towards me, as presented in your post including your wife's situation, I'm not sure if I want to debate with you.