PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2010, 12:47
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Of The Year Award

Quote:
there has been numerous post saying that there has been jetA1 pumped into the tanks, or the fuel was a factor.
There HAVE been numerous posts SPECULATING about the POSSIBILITY that fuel MAY have been an issue. There have been an equal number pouring cold water on that one...

Quote:
ppl think that fuel is to blame or a factor, which to me seems like the easiest chioice.
...and almost certainly the WRONG one... think about it for a minute.

Quote:
if fuel was it, well i think that there should of been at least 20 droping out of the sky that day. more than one aircraft took off from bk, and a few of them would have recieved fuel from the same supplier.
Why? We are talking about mis-fuelling, not bad fuel per se.

There are two things wrong with this thread. One is the copious amount of over-wrought emotion, the other is the amount of mindless and ill-informed speculation.

Why the engine failed isn't the issue. Whether the other one had a problem isn't the issue either. The real issue is why it was not possible to safely land the aircraft from 7000 feet, with a variety of possible landing venues available, plenty of time, and plenty of help available.

That's the only issue that I'm interested in finding answers to. The rest is interesting but ultimately not the core issue.
What more can you say.

GADRIVER
Would rather debate it over a beer some time, but for the moment I think the above post sums it up pretty well.

I never knew Andrew, but I bet right now if he was able to log in and post from the grave he would also say..."YSRI was the better choice, buggered if I know why I did not take it."

Yes its all very easy in hindsight, but the very point of us discussing this is so that maybe 8 out of 10 future problems in the air end in and not . There will always be another accident like Andrews, unfortunately good people like him, like Shane Whitbread, will make a mistake. It might be me next....it might be you, the idea here is to help keep the number of mistakes the minority. Unfortunately as posted by Owen Stanley a lot of late the training does not give you ALL the tools required.

I just watched a video which I suggest YOU ALL watch. not about aviation, but about driving on the roads. Some of what MS talks about applies to a avaiation training accident near YCAB recently. The rest is just good info. It makes you think.

It makes you think...........

Sunday Night Videos - Yahoo!7 TV

I am not sure how close you are to any of the pilots concerned that you want to protect their honour....at least as far as I know on pprune I am as close as anyone to the Whitbread family .......None of this is about being politically correct, or having a soft spot....its about learning all we can about helping prevent our loved ones, your loved ones, having to experience the same thing.

I do not see any of this being about "knifing someone" after they have gone. Even if we discuss things that are plausable but did not happen, and may be disproved in the ATSB report.... we are all still better for it.

I say this with all sincerity, and not just to you, as we seem to be having the debate, but to anyone who feels discussing these kind of accidents freely is not in good taste.

Fly Safe everyone.

J