PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2010, 10:49
MudRat_02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And where's the info about pool situation being unpredictable coming from? IMHO if you think the chances are against you then your right. If you don't then your right. Either way, if your jawing off about something you know nothing about, you're wrong.
My information on the predictability of the pool comes straight from the horses mouth whilst I was at FSP, mate. Given the reliability of my source, it seems you might be "jawing off about something you know nothing about". In relation to my earlier point, there are far more dossiers received by PSA than there are spots on FSP, so yes by the numbers my statement is correct irrespective of how you want to look at it.

I think you might be giving some duf gen. I have counted up the numbers on the past two FSP schedules and they both come to 275. The courses will be run next year and your application doesn't go pumpkin shaped on New Years Eve. So now or later your application has the same chances. Post FSP is probably different.
This has almost no relevance to my previous post. Are there 275 places on the schedule each year? There was 275 places on the calendar for both 2010 and 2009, so the smart money is on 275 for 2011. Will there be 275 people to have passed through FSP by the end of this year? No. Once again, having been there and been informed on the situation whilst at FSP, it turns out that unless they squeeze in a couple more unscheduled courses before the end of the year that goal will not have been reached. This has also been confirmed by others who have recently returned from FSP.

We have no information on anyone's competitiveness, but the fact that DFR continues their Assessment Days all year round (dossiers going to FSP) whereas DEO courses make way ~mid year for ADFA courses (with the exception of a few late DEO courses) suggests that the number of people waiting for spots on DEO FSP builds as ADFA FSP courses begin to move in. Therefore there is a larger pool of applicants and less of a chance of getting in to the later screening courses in between the ADFA lots. Essentially, it would seem that how competitive FSP slots are fluctuates throughout the year. This is a logical assumption based on what facts we have, however I am aware of no reliable source that confirms or denies this.

Last edited by MudRat_02; 18th Jun 2010 at 14:45.