PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The best aircraft in and out of La Môle (LFTZ)
Old 18th Jun 2010, 10:19
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have experience in the B200 and the CJ1/CJ2/2+....can´t comment on the others.

From a pilots point of view, I´d prefer the B200, as it is the best bird (IMO) to deal with gusty and high crosswinds and downdrafts, which is an issue at La Mole. Stopping (Landing distance) is no issue at all with a TP. Also birdstrike wise, a turboprop offers more safety. Take one with a Raisbeck conversion and Proline 21.
From the passengers point, clearly the CJ2/2+. (although there are some pax, especially when tall, that like the squared cabin of the B200 better, because there is way more headroom)
Cabin is very very quiet and is big enough for four to be comfy and bearable with 6. The smaller CJ1 is okay for 4, but like a cattle transport with 6.

Fuelwise, the B200 and CJ2 will be roughly the same, flying time is though pretty different for your 400nm trip. Difference would be something like 30 minutes.

I love both birds, wish I´d fly them more often these days....

I was involved as a mx manager in the operation of a Premier 1 in 2006/07, and frankly, for what I´ve seen in mx issues I wouldn´t want one of these. (I´ve heard its becomming better, but...) As a pilot I can`t comment though.