PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th Jun 2010, 05:50
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM
Chuchinchow

I can't see the relevance in comparing the agreements of your wive's profession with ours. They are two completely different areas. It's the same when we are being compared to the nurses and their pay. It's THEIR responsibility to negotiate good terms and conditions. Those of us who have succeeded in negotiating a good salary should not have to justify ourselves.
Quite so. Yet why do BASSA and many of the members persist in comparing any deal offered to them to the agreed deal that Flt Ops struck with BA? After all, your own words above suggest that one should not be looking at different professions and comparing apples with oranges. I fear the visceral dislike of flight crew that is so assiduously cultivated by BASSA has lead many members to forget that we too are in entirely different professions. Those professions interact on a daily basis but doesn't mean that Cabin Crew should receive any deal a pilot does. Something I presume you, personally, if not as a representative of the wider BASSA voice, must agree with by the tenor of the above quote?

Mrb