PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GR7/GR9 vs USMC Harrier II+
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2002, 23:15
Archimedes

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Er... WEBF: we do .

The SHAR - as I thought you knew - has an OSD for the last one of 2006.

If I may be permitted to make a friendly observation - there's no need to keep trying to convince the majority of users of this site that getting rid of the SHAR is a silly idea by jumping in with pro-SHAR comments on every thread that has some connection with Harriers/ BVR weapons/ Radar/ the sky. Most of us agree that this ranks high in the list of bad ideas. However, constant repetition of the same line of approach at every possible opportunity is, as you'll have noticed, starting to wear away at the patience of other Pprune users, especially as you're preaching to the converted.

I'm not suggesting that you shut up entirely (although I suspect some wish you would), just to recall the adage of 'Moderation in all things, dear chap!'

Finally, I would respectfully suggest that rather than lobby for the retention of the SHAR, you'd do better to lobby for the GR 9 upgrade to bring the GR 7 to the standard of the II+ . A II+ standard (or better) upgrade would still meet the stated reason of increasing the strike power of the CVS, but would add the crucial ability to use BVR weapons (as well as, arguably, giving some experience of multi-role work to would-be JSF mates).

[any spelling or grammatical errors herein should be be laid at the door of Bank's Brewery]