PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some Positivity
Thread: Some Positivity
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2010, 16:46
Jwscud

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I think some of the criticism here is a bit unjustified - a lot of it's based on the idea that those searching for advice or positive information on jobs are starry-eyed types who've mortgaged their parents' home to get through Oxford or CTC. The same criticisms don't necessarily apply to those who are completing their training without going into debt and with solid alternative employment. The two low hour types I know personally who have got jet jobs both got them through hanging around bars and talking to crew at smaller airports/airfields.

As a declaration of interest, I'm one of those fools soldiering through the pipeline at the moment, though without a penny of debt and at a pace liable to have me finish in 2012. If I don't manage to get a job, I have a solid career I can continue in and the skills learned will stand me in good stead. All I will have lost is cash I would probably have blown on high living anyway, there being more chance of walking into the RHS at BA on 200h than there is of being able to afford a mortgage in this country!