PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR MCC : a SCAM ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2002, 21:28
Professor Fog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the MCC a scam ? depends on your point of view really.

All I can say is that I did one a few months ago and it gave me a valuable insight into airline operating procedures and as it was run on a heavy jet sim - a chance of handling jets.

Like most things I believe you get what you put into it. I did my IR sim time on a beechking thing and these are also used by some MCC providers. If you feel the MCC is just another tick in the box then goto them and get the cheapest deal possible - that's fair enough.

I looked around and found a firm offering an MCC course for only a couple of hundred quid more than those run on beechkings which was run on a heavy jet and run by old and bolds from BA/Virgin.

I have been lucky enough to get a job since and must put alot of my sucess down to the fact that I got 20 hrs or so in on a heavy jet sim - which made all the difference when it came to the sim ride. Im not saying do an MCC and you'll get a job but if you do a decent one it can only help.

worzel
they should be provided for us when we get our first job
well that would be nice - in fact I would love to have had all my training paid for by an airline !!!