PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newspapers in Cannes
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2010, 14:43
Captain Kaboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although it was not my intention of the thread, PicMas worded it well.

The feeling is more that what can you do for the handling staff than what can handling do for you.
I realize this might be a cultural thing but simple hotel bookings are a challenge at times.

On several occasions I experienced the situation that if you are asked which hotel are we booked in, the answer is; ''I don't know, I didn't book it or nobody asked me to book one''
In response, but we have an email confirming '' a hotel booking'', which one?

Just look it up in the file.
What still doesn't help sometimes.
Why confirm the email with the hotel request if you don't bother to book a hotel anyways.

Another very typical response that is a bit annoying, '' I don't know, I shouldn't be working right now , we are understaffed and I am not being paid enough''
That is a lot of information in one sentence.
Still trying to get an answer, (where is the catering, where is fuel) he would walk away without answering.
In some countries this might be considered a little bit impolite.

I realize that this staff member might have had slightly different career path in mind (didn't we all?) but I am still the paying customer that pays his paycheck in the end and a little respect and professionalism goes a long way.
We try to perform an outstanding service in our turn as well, and we simply need a little help now and then.

Anyways just a little feedback Mr/Ms CL300, maybe you can make a difference?

Once again, this was not the intention of the thread and there a very friendly, nice, professional people working for the handling as well!