PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 17th Jun 2010, 08:10
cotswoldchap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M

Miss M

Please please get your facts right. I know for a fact that you have been corrected on this multiple times. Once again repeating this twaddle about pilots receiving their pay cut back in shares does you no favours. Everyone seems to of allowed it to slip through this time. I suspect people are bored with correcting you on this matter. Please, please read this reply. I know it suits you to believe this urban myth but it's not true and makes your arguments look weak and I'll informed.

So, one more time. This shares option is triggered IF the company hits all of the specified targets which is exceptionally unlikely. However, just for you Miss M we will assume it does. My loss of salary due to my pay cut (and the 20% cut in allowances which is rarely mentioned) is around £4,000 per year. It is also worth pointing out that I am relatively new to the company and my pay cut is modest compared to others.

I did the calculations on the share scheme. Obviously it isn't accurate to the penny as it was based on back of envelope sums. My best calculation was that in 3 years I would receive in the region of £1,200.

To summarise; in the BEST case scenario, IF all of the targets are met I will of lost around £12,000 and gained £1,200. This MissM is not speculation. This is fact.

I asked previously if you ever reflected on posts. Looked at what was written and reassessed your views and stance. I know that I do when presented with a fact I wasn't aware of. I didn't get an answer, which I suspect is an answer in itself.

Miss M, do you now fully understand the "shares deal"? Like all other departments we made permanent cost savings. Our pay cut is permanent, it is ongoing and it is frankly painful. I lose that money every year for the rest of my career. Perhaps you would say sorry? You made a mistake or misunderstood?

Genuine question. Do you feel your unions offer of a loan was acceptable? Do you feel you should be exempt from the necessary pain that every other section of the company was taking?

Remove the human nature side that compels all of us to defend our side of the argument. Look impartially at the facts.