PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Canley Vale
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2010, 02:24
urkidnme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****This is absolutely by no means suggestive of what may have went wrong here,simply adding into a discussion of what can occur,may be contributing to a similar situation and generally good advise......repeat,by no means has absolutely anything to do with this particular occurance****

One post touched on the topic of performance training and ongoing currency so I felt a need to add something that has been bothering me.

When a young pilot does his training there seems to be little ongoing emergency training,if any at all in some cases.
Adding to this there are also authorised testing officers out there,that conduct IFR renewals with NO assymetric checks conducted,a couple of circuits,one approach and she'll be right........I know it is being done so if youre one of those casa delegates then hang your headset up! your task is not to save the young person or his company a few $$ in aircraft time,its to save his life!
Do you care to ask them before making a decision to not risk your own butt how long has it been since they have conducted an EFATO? one in climb or cruise? do you ask if they would feel confident enough to handle that situation without all the other variables thrown in?
Sadly,very sadly, this is occuring and you,as the young pilots, are placed in a very dangerous situation. Its really not enough that you may be only doing these checks one a year,but to then not have done them at all for how long?
I shudder when I hear some of the stories......You have all heard the stories,you have all sat and compared renewals,you know what I am saying......
Please pay respect for the licence you have been given and get your own insurance each year by doing the checks,if the officer isnt willing then go to someone that is.If your employer insists you do it with Jo Blogg then you insist Jo Blogg do his job. This is good insurance for the company,for the industry,for your parents,for your friends,for the passengers and for you!
To get to this level you have worked soooooo hard,you have lived off 2 minute noodles,watched your other non aviation mates buy the latest holden commodore,drank the cheapest beer from cans,ate the dominos pizza on tuesdays,you deserve to get through to the next stage in life,you have earned it......goodluck young aviators!