PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster - Airtex & Canley Vale Rd Crash
Old 16th Jun 2010, 23:50
MaxTOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Skymaster - Airtex & Canley Vale Rd Crash

Firstly - very considered condolances to those who are close to Andrew Wilson & nurse/passenger Kathy Sheppard in regards to the crash at Canley Vale Rd.

I'm raising this new thread because I'm wanting to question the responsibility & culture of the owner, or controlling people of the organisation, that has lead to this accident occuring.

How often can company culture drift down from an owner to employees? Its a well known fact of business organisation that seemingly small, intricate decisions can have much larger effects than expected, on people subordinate in an organisation.

I want to make it clear I'm not trying to imply any blame here - either about the pilot (Andrew Wilson), or other people working in the organisation (LAME workshop employees), or trying to start any pre-diagnosed self run crash investigation - leave that people & organisations with greater resources. My aim here is to get what peoples thoughts are on Airtex and subsequently Skymaster. I personally have known several people owning/running Airtex, and the ethical side is questionable; remember AAA airlines?

We all know that a long time ago, CASA started to review AOC holders on basis of the culture in their organisations, with both support and evalution / assessment of the entire organisation (maintenance - pilots etc), top down. Its pretty hard to change culture - it can be so driven by a small number of people, attitude (very hard to change) & money.

We all love to hate CASA. But what of this accident? Would have a greater look at their own (AOC holder / owner at top) culture; possibly just one person, have saved these peoples lives? Or is CASA more responsible, being right at the top of the food chain? There's a can of worms.

Last edited by MaxTOW; 17th Jun 2010 at 00:30.