PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 16th Jun 2010, 23:18
HAHAHAHAHAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colonel White wrote...

Hmmm.... there can be no doubt that at least three LGW crew went on strike - after all, the union reps could hardly have exhorted staff to walk out if they didn't show some spine. The plain fact is that LGW was able to run a 100% operation. So it makes no odds if there were 3, 30 or 300 staff who opted to strike, they had no impact on the operation and lost a sackful of pay for no gain. In fact they are potentially worse off as they have had ST removed. The BASSA proposals show no real benefit for LGW staff. LGW have been working to the manning levels proposed for LHR for some time. BASSA wanted to cut LGW staff wages to pay for keeping higher manning levels at LHR - sorry I should have said they wanted to borrow money frome LGW staff to pay for keeping :LHR manning levels unchanges. LGW staff would get the cash back at the end of two or was it three years. Not sure what happens if you leave the company before then. And some here wonder why LGW staff were less than enthusiastic about walking out.

Personally, I've never been that concerned about whether I was in the minority or the majority. I'm not the type of person who relies on others in order to establish my personal beliefs. Correct, I've lost staff travel, but I still have my pride. FACT. BA without agreement from my representatives took my transfer right from me. FACT. I withdrew my labour and played my part in being responsible for over 150 million pounds of costs. RESULT. Neither BA nor I won. I think this is typical in any trade dispute which results in industrial action.

The BASSA/Unite proposals actually would have resulted in the return of my transfer right and the return of the PSR to the 3 class A/C. So, I'm afraid you're wrong it did show benefit to LGW crew. Let's be honest, LGW have been working to these crewing figures for the past 4 years. BA's IMPOSISTION effected GATWICK more the LHR. The BASSA proposal saw this imposition at LGW reversed and limited crew returned to LHR a/c. It was Walsh's proposal which would have seen limited transfers and no PSR returned to the 3 class A/C.