PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 16th Jun 2010, 22:19
Caribbean Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM wrote:
BA have stated that LGW is too expensive and I should imagine that there might be some changes there soon in the near future. LGW will no be protected from New Fleet either. Why else do you think they haven't replaced your stone aged old 737 fleet yet?
LGW is a lot cheaper than LHR, LGW is a star performer for BA. I have figures to prove it, but you are not interested in figures.

Furthermore, your argument about the 737s is undermined by your ignorance of the fleet replacement. BA's plan for several years has been to have a narrow body fleet consisting only of the family of A320 aircraft. It had been planned to replace the remaining 737s in 2012 but, in the economic downturn, it was decided to save a lot of capital expenditure and keep the 19 737-400s at LGW going until 2015 or 2016. I believe that about 19 months ago BA acquired 20 upgrade kits for CFM International CFM56-3 engines in order to prolong engine life.

BASSA tried to match BALPA's deal. We offered savings equivalent to 15% of our costs to BA. BALPA offered a proposal which would save them less than half of 15%.
I asked you about your claim of a pay cut when a pay loan was offered. You have replied by saying something quite different.

Why do you find it so difficult to say "I was wrong."