PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 16th Jun 2010, 21:28
HAHAHAHAHAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetset lady

Sorry but I disagree. That's exactly what it was about. Transfer rights were thrown into the pot in an attempt to gain the support needed. Unfortunately, it seemingly never occurred to Unite that many of us at LGW weren't sitting around, dreaming of the day we could transfer to the golden runways. Nor did it occur to them that of those that were yearning for a transfer, most didn't want it badly enough to take a pay cut, temporary or not, on behalf of LHR. And finally, it never occurred to Unite that the majority of LGW crew had finally had enough. Enough of being pushed around between the company and the union. In my opinion, LGW has finally grown up.
I have to disagree. Transfer's were part of the dispute from the very start and not thrown in at the last moment as you would like others to believe. I went on strike at LGW for my Transfer. My wife is at LHR and it was always my career plan to transfer up to a LHR fleet someday. I feel that hard earned right has been stolen from me. We at LGW have fought for our transfer rights for many years to be included in the NSP. Currently there are over 800 crew on the transfer list and I was prepared to give 2.4% in order to achieve that transfer right. Personally, I feel Gatwick has given enough in the formation of Single fleet and delivered more than enough costs savings since 2006. I striked in order to protect the MOA against the clear breaches outlined in the ballot, to return the 2nd PSR to the 3 class a/c and ultimately for my transfer right. Those reasons were on my ballot paper, I fully supported them and took action to protect them. I feel Gatwick has more reason to take industrial action than LHR, I mean can you imagine if our Flight Crew colleagues opportunity of base or fleet transfers agreements were torn up. They’re would be uproar amongst the flight crew community I suspect. No?

Last edited by HAHAHAHAHAH; 16th Jun 2010 at 21:52.