PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FADEC failure
Thread: FADEC failure
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 21:15
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lomapaseo
I see that even the use of smileys in my posts don't show up in quotes

Sorry, and thanks for the heads-up. It didn't get picked up by my editor, and neither did this one, so I added it by hand.

Your comment is apt, but I can't tell if it is meant to be an addition to the comment of mine you quoted, or whether you are expressing mild scepticism. I'll just say that I am actively involved in certification standards for critical SW and my quoted comment states a problem I have been tasked to rectify in guidelines for the general standard, for its German application. I hope my colleagues will have comparative success with DO178 also.

PBL
Fair enough on the smiley not remaining through a quote (damn software glitch)

I tend not to use a lot of words but the smiley was only intended to indicate a devlil's avocate approach for balance to the discussion. The same with my follow up comments.

I also have spent countless hours, days, years in drafting updated regulations, In the end all gets considered, but the time spent in consideration is balanced against about where we think it contributes in overall risk. In spite of this attempt at prioritization it takes years to achieve any kind of consensus.

Hopefully somewhere in all the posts above the orginal question has garnered enough from the discussion to be answered.