PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 20:37
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, busy since I last looked - I'll deal with F4 and dukof as western mil approaches of whatever sort are not really relevant to Smolensk as we see.

So, F4 - I certainly do not mind the questions - it is the 'assumptions ' to which I object. As I stated much earlier, like dukof I believe a 'PAR ' was available and being used on that occasion as a monitor - that explains the "on course on g/s", plus the obvious surprise element when the a/c descended into the valley followed by the "go around" call from ATC. Why it did that we can only guess. I have given my belief before.

For dukof, if you accept my scenario, the 'error' you find in the range calls do not matter - if the a/c was doing 'its own approach' the ranges would have been indications only - not required for any glidepath consideration - the important message for the crew would be 'on course on glidepath' - if indeed they were taking any notice. I would certainly NOT be telling ATC my height if I was flying my 'own' approach such as NDB or RNAV/GPS.