PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL distance learning
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 19:58
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DL will eat your heart out, even if you only work part-time, so be prepared to really invest into studies. You'll have cut short on doing things with friends / family. You'll not go be able to watch this or that on TV in the evenings, but study. You'll not have much of a life to be honest

What really worked for me is to consider it as something such as studying med at university. I went to the library at our university every day for a few hours, to have people around me who have to study as well, often even at 11pm. Helped me to see I'm not on my own, as I felt that just sitting home alone reading crap (excuse that please) about fire extinguishers in the cabin, etc. can kinda get you down.

Make the most of it, and treat yourself with something nice from time to time. Get at least ONE day a week where you don't touch the books. Really important imho.

If you already hold a PPL, go out flying from time to time to remember what you invest all that time for.

And in the end, what kept me going was a friend who was in a flying job already, who told me that all the theory has not toooooo much to do in the everyday cockpit environment, so don't loose it while studying